District/Board of Education
Woodmore Board of Education District Office
349 Rice St. P.O. Box 701
Elmore, Ohio 43416
Barbara Hasenfratz -- Secretary to the Superintendent 419.862.1060 ext. 100
Elaine Bringman Dianne Kopp
Assistant Treasurer/Payroll Accounting Clerk
419-862-1060 ext 103 419-862-1060 ext 104
Members of the Board of Education
Steve Huss -- President
Julie Bowman -- Vice President
Ed Magsig -- Board Member
Michael DeStazio -- Board Member
Grant Cummings -- Board Member
The date for the regular board meetings are on the third Tuesday of each month. The meetings will begin at 6:30 p.m. in the Library at the high school. Please check the district calendar for any changes.
Woodmore Local School District
349 Rice Street, P.O. Box 701, Elmore, Ohio 43416
Fax (419) 862-1951 Phone (419) 862-1060
The Woodmore Local Board of Education held their regular meeting in Room 101 at the high school on Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 6:30 P.M.
Minutes were approved for the following board meetings: July 1, 2013 Special Board Meeting
July 23, 2013 Regular Board Meeting
Discussion/Information: OSBA Capital Conference in November, New building update/site work, H.S. alarm panel, scoreboard, stadium, transportation, tailgate at football games
- The July Financial Report including Cash Reconciliation, Monthly Appropriations and Check Register
- The Board accepted a donation of numerous books for the elementary from Janelle Sandwisch and an anonymous donation of $500.00 for the girls’ soccer program.
- A request was approved to discard the following books from the Woodmore book inventory:
- o11- Blast Off
- o25 Choosing Good Health
- o1- set of Encyclopedias
- o23- Scott Foresman Beginning Dictionaries
- Negotiated agreements were approved as presented for:
- oWoodmore Education Association (WEA) for a period of two years
- oOhio Association of Public School Employees, Local 676, (OAPSE) for two years
Recommendations of the Superintendent:
Approved change in contract language/adjustment for:
- Kevin Ball – Change from Assistant Elementary Principal/Special Ed. Director to Jr. High Principal/Special Ed. Director
- Barb Hipp – Curriculum Director/Contract with North Point ESC from 3 days per week to 5 days per week
- Tom Adams – Spanish Teacher for teaching a 7th period. Compensated at the hourly rate figured at MA+0 at the current salary schedule.
Approved employments for the 2013-14 school year:
Fall Migrant Education Program (on an as-needed basis)
Teacher - Hope Nevins
Substitutes for the 2013-14 S.Y. (On an as-needed basis)
Substitute Aides – Erin Bach, Rick Claar, Donna Damschroder, Vickie Friar, Tammy Jahns, Kelly Maynard, Kelley Theisen, Elizabeth Wolford
Substitute Bus Drivers – Michelle Atkin, Keith Damschroder, Beth Freyer, Christine Gerkensmeyer, Michelle Perkins, Jean Weng
Substitute Custodians – Erin Bach, Bob Kelley, Rita Mathna
Substitute Food Service – Erin Bach, Rita Mathna, Kelly Maynard, Kelley Theisen
Substitute Secretaries – Erin Bach, Vickie Friar, Tammy Jahns, Kelly Maynard, Kelley Theisen, Ashley Travis
Summary – August 20, 2013 Regular Board Meeting
Substitute Teachers – Whitney Meinke (Long-term substitute teacher for 2nd Grade), Diane Clark, Steven Funk, Dan Garringer, Sarah Hernandez, Rodger Jimison, Sandra Jones, Christina Kieper, Kenneth Leist, Janus Perkins, Sandra Otte, Kelly Rowland, Dawn Shaffer, Rebecca Sheldrick, Donella Wilt, Joshua Zollinger
Academic Supplemental Contracts for the 2013-2014 S.Y.
Elementary Quiz Team Advisor (split) – Kelly Ulinski and Denise Melter
Elementary Student Council Advisor (Split) – Amy Clouse and Allyson Rospert
Elementary Safety Patrol – Aaron Clouse
Elementary Yearbook Advisor – Julie Coon
Outdoor Education – Tara Miller, Carrie Peters, Bruce Hammersmith, Curtis Schlea
Lead Teachers – Amanda Lafontaine (Science/Math), Tammy Kissell (Language Arts/Social Studies)
Other Items of Business:
- Approved resolution to adopt the Free and Reduced Breakfast/Lunch Program under the National School Meal Program for the 2013-2014 school year.
- Bus routes were approved for the 2013-2014 school year
- A request for open enrollment for the 2013-2014 school year was approved for a third grade student living in the Genoa Area Local School District
- Approved a resolution declaring it impractical to provide transportation to Capable Kids School in Toledo, Ohio for a student living in our district due to distance required to transport, number of pupils to be transported, and cost of providing transportation in terms of equipment, maintenance, personnel, and administration.
- Approved a request from Ryan and Jamie Lockwood for reimbursement in lieu of transportation to Capable Kids School in Toledo for their child for the 2013-2014 school year at a rate to be determined by the Ohio Department of Education.
- The following fundraiser was approved/acknowledged for the 2013-14 school year:
- 1.Spanish Club – Candy / Cookie Dough Sale – September 13-20
- 2.Woodmore Band Boosters – Golf Scramble – September 21, 2013 @ 8:00 a.m.
- 3.Woodmore CAGE – Wildcat Kickoff Tailgate Party – August 23, 2013
- 4.Woodmore Athletic Boosters – various fundraisers at the following events
- o50/50 Raffles at home football games
- o50/50 Raffles at Boys basketball games
- oSell Fries - Cheer program has asked that Athletic Boosters sell fries at Challenge and other teams sometimes ask that they do same at their special events throughout the school year.
The next regular meeting of the Woodmore Local Board of Education will be Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 6:30 p.m. in Room 101 at the high school.