District/Board of Education
Woodmore Board of Education District Office
349 Rice St. P.O. Box 701
Elmore, Ohio 43416
Linda Bringman -- Superintendent
Barbara Hasenfratz - Board Office Secretary 419-862-1060 ext. 100
Elaine Bringman Dianne Kopp
Assistant Treasurer/Payroll Accounting Clerk
419-862-1060 ext 103 419-862-1060 ext 104
Steve Huss -- President
Grant Cummings -- Vice President
Julie Bowman -- Board Member
Corinna Bench -- Board Member
Joe Liszak -- Board Member
The date for the regular board meetings are on the third Tuesday of each month. The meetings will begin at 6:30 p.m. in RM 101 at the high school.
Please check the district calendar for any changes.
Summary of Board Meeting
Woodmore Local School District
349 Rice Street, P.O. Box 701, Elmore, Ohio 43416
Fax (419) 862-1951 Phone (419) 862-1060
The Woodmore Local Board of Education held an Executive Session in room 111 at 5:00 p.m. and their regular meeting at 6:00 p.m. in the library at the high school on Tuesday, October 21, 2014.
The Board accepted the resignation of Mrs. Karen Botzko as Interim Treasurer, effective October 31, 2014.
Minutes were approved for the following meetings: September 16, 2014 Regular Meeting
September 30, 2014 Special Meeting
October 3, 2014 Special Meeting
Discussion/Information: New PreK-8 Bldg./Elementary update; Jr. High/Special Education update; High School update; State of the School, Public Notice of School Calendar Change, Penta Outstanding Alumni/All Boards Dinner and the Nov. 22nd Eagle Scout Ceremony.
Treasurer Items Approved:
- Huntington Bank signatures for operating and payroll account
- Huntington Bank signatures for Athletic checking account
- September 2014 Financial Report including Cash Reconciliation and Monthly Appropriations
- The following donations from anonymous donors were accepted:
- 1.$250 to the girls soccer program
- 2.$250 to the cross country program
- 3.Donation of materials, time and machinery to make inserts for volleyball poles in the gym floor at the high school
- 4.Yellow field tile that was put around the top of the fence at the football/soccer field at the high school
- A five-year lease agreement with Dell Computers in the amount of $163,436.20 for the new PreK-8 building. This will be taken out of the Permanent Improvement Fund over a period of five years.
Recommendations of the Superintendent:
Employments for the 2014-15 School Year
Spanish Tutor – Blanca Segovia
ESL Tutor for 3 students – Hope Nevins
Substitute Contracts (On an as-needed basis)
Substitute Aides – Alanea Davis, Sandra Fruchey and Carol Tingley
Substitute Bus Drivers – Michelle Atkin, Beth Freyer, Bradley Paul and Jean Weng
Substitute Custodian – Carol Tingley
Substitute Food Service – Alanea Davis, Sandra Fruchey and Carol Tingley
Substitute Guidance Counselor – Allison Larson
Substitute Nurse – Nicole Knepper
Substitute Secretaries – Alanea Davis, Sandra Fruchey and Carol Tingley
Substitute Teachers – Rick Kohl and John Zimmerman
Academic Supplemental Contracts
Drama Club Director – Marcia Busdeker
Drama Club Assistant Director/Accompanist – Tracey Nycz
Drama Club Choreographer – Linda Fetzer
Pit Band Director – Sally makulinski
National Honor Society Advisor – James McMahon
9th Grade Class Advisor – Jodie Peace
(Summary of October 21, 2014 Board Meeting)
Athletic Supplemental Contracts
Track - Head Varsity Boys and Girls Coach – Mike Moreno
7th Grade Boys Basketball Coach – Curtis Schlea
(Volunteer) H.S. Girls Basketball Coach – Michelle Scavio
Assistant Varsity Wrestling Coach – Dane Bonnigson
Other Items of Business Approved:
- A resolution declaring it impractical to provide transportation to Bowling Green State University for the 2014-15 school year for a student due to distance required to transport, number of pupils to be transported, and cost of providing transportation in terms of equipment, maintenance, personnel, and administration
- A request for reimbursement in lieu of transportation for the 2014-15 school year at a rate to be determined by the Ohio Department of Education.
- An agreement with the Wood County Educational Service Center for Fiscal Year 2014-15 to provide services, if needed, for the Wood County Juvenile Detention Center ($64 per student per day), Juvenile Residential Center of Northwest Ohio ($64 per student per day) and the Alternative School ($45 per student per day).
- The following fundraiser requests for the 2014-15 school year.
- 1.Woodmore.Destination Imagination – Hold Bake Sales at:
Choir Concerts: 10/21/14 12/08/14 3/10/15 5/20/14
Band Concerts: 12/15/14 3/03/15 5/18/15
- 2.Woodmore Cheerleading – Cheerleaders sell tickets from Oct. 27, 2014 to Feb. 1, 2015 for Feb. 8, 2015 Cleveland Cavs Game in order to perform at the game
- 3.Woodmore Choir Boosters – Sell Popcorn – Oct. 30 – Nov. 7,
- 4.Woodmore Cheerleading – Clinic for Basketball – Jan. 30, 2015
- 5.Woodmore Girls Basketball – Potato Meal – Jan. 30, 2015
- The board approved the first reading of the following policies:
1. Policy File: EDE – Computer/Online Services
2. Policy File: EDE-R – Acceptable Use and Internet Safety Agreement
3. Policy File: GBK – Smoking on District Property by Staff Members
4. Policy File: IGBEA-R – Reading Skills Assessments and Intervention
5. Policy File: IKE – Promotion and Retention of Students
6. Policy File: JFCG – Tobacco Use by Students
7. Policy File: JP – Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports
8. Policy File: KGC – Smoking on District Property
- Approved a resolution for presentation of a citation to Woodmore student Adam Lemke for his achievement of attaining the rank of Eagle Scout at the Eagle Scout Court of Honor at The Block in Elmore, Ohio on Saturday, November 22, 2014 at 3:00 p.m.
The board has scheduled a special meeting that will be held Monday, October 27 at 6:15 p.m. in the high school library. It is expected to be a brief meeting in order to approve the five-year forecast and consideration of matters pertaining to personnel/employment that require approval before the November 18 regular board meeting.
The public is also invited to attend the State of the School Address that will be held in the high school multi-purpose room (cafeteria) on October 27 at 6:30 p.m.
The next regular Board of Education meeting will be held Tuesday, November 18, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. in the high school library.