District/Board of Education
Woodmore Board of Education District Office
349 Rice St. P.O. Box 701
Elmore, Ohio 43416
Linda Bringman -- Superintendent Kevin Slates -- Treasurer
Barbara Hasenfratz - Board Office Secretary 419-862-1060 ext. 100
Elaine Bringman Dianne Kopp
Assistant Treasurer/Payroll Accounting Clerk
419-862-1060 ext 103 419-862-1060 ext 104
Steve Huss -- President
Grant Cummings -- Vice President
Julie Bowman -- Board Member
Michael DeStazio -- Board Member
Joe Liszak -- Board Member
The date for the regular board meetings are on the third Tuesday of each month. The meetings will begin at 6:30 p.m. in the Library at the high school.
Please check the district calendar for any changes.
Summary of Board Meeting
Woodmore Local School District
349 Rice Street, P.O. Box 701, Elmore, Ohio 43416
Fax (419) 862-1951 Phone (419) 862-1060
The Woodmore Local Board of Education held their regular meeting at the high school on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 6:00 p.m.
Minutes were approved for the March 10, 2014 board meeting.
Public Participation: The board gave special recognition to Phoebe Jackson, Woodmore 6th grade student and winner of the 2014 Blade Spelling Bee that was held at Owens Community College. The Blade will pay for her expenses to participate in the National Spelling Bee that will be held in Washington D.C. in May. The Board also recognized Evan Ulinski, a Woodmore senior, for 2nd Place at the State Wrestling Tournament and for receiving the prestigious National Football Foundation Award. State Senator Randall Gardner attended the meeting to thank the board and school leaders for academic achievement, to provide a brief update on a couple of education issues in Columbus, and to answer questions board members might have. A parent also addressed the board with a concern he had with one of his daughter’s classes and the board indicated they will look into the matter. Ms. Kathy LaSota from the Ohio School Boards Association was introduced. She shared information regarding evaluations with board members and commented on a few matters she has worked on with the board over the years.
Discussion/Information: Revised School Calendar/Contingency Plan for the 2013-14 school year, Elementary/New Building Update, Jr. High Update, High School Update, Grading Committee Update and spoke about implementing the grading scale for four years starting with 2014-15 school year. Woodmore Treasurer Kevin Slates discussed the GAAP Proposal.
Treasurer Items Approved:
- March 2014 Financial Reports including Cash Reconciliation, Monthly Appropriations and Check Registers
- A three-year contract with Julian and Grube to perform the district’s GAAP conversion for fiscal years 2014, 2015, and 2016 at a cost of $4,700 per year.
- Entering into an agreement with Follett Software Company for their library Destiny Resource Management Solution for the high school and middle school for $2300.
- Accepted a donation of $100 from Fremont Federal Credit Union for elementary student snacks during test week.
Recommendations of the Superintendent:
- Approved maternity leave for:
- oCarrie Peters, 6th Grade Teacher, at the beginning of the 2014-15 school year.
- Employments for the 2013-14 school year:
Substitute Aides: Andrea Evans and Paula Hernandez
Substitute Custodian: Andrea Evans
Substitute Food Service: Andrea Evans, Paula Hernandez, and Linda Sandrock
Substitute Secretaries: Andrea Evans and Paula Hernandez
Substitute Teachers: Krista Jackson and Alayna Robinson
Summary of April 15, 2014 Regular Board Meeting
- Approved employment/contract renewals of certificated and classified personnel for the 2014-15 school year:
- oAmy Bittel – Gifted Coordinator (As needed) - 1 Yr. Limited Contract
- oElaine Bringman – Assistant Treasurer – 1 Yr. Limited Contract
One-Year Contracts – Maely Alexander, Megan (Damschroder) Sander, Chelsea Delaney, Meghan Drown, Zach Floro (Solomon), Keisha Kuns, Wendell Markley, Ashley Mooney (Solomon), Jodie Peace, Amy Petersen, Erin Reynolds, Johanna Riepenhoff, Allyson Rospert, and Lyndsey Steele
Three-Year Contracts – Angie Blechinger, Kimberly Frederick, Jacob Huss, Amanda Kinison, Eric Swindel, and Allison Woods
Classified Staff (Positions)
Two-Year Contracts – Colin Alexander and Kelly Maynard
Continuing Contracts – Angie Balduf, Michelle DeVore, Sana Dunlap, and Lori Sandwisch
- Employment of Personnel for 2014-15 S.Y.
Athletic Supplemental Positions 2014-15 S.Y.
Brian K. Spicer Football – Head Coach
Other Items of Business Approved:
- Resolution declaring it impractical to provide transportation to Central Catholic to provide transportation to Central Catholic H.S. in Toledo, OH for the 2013-14 school year for a student due to distance required to transport, number of pupils to be transported, and cost of providing transportation in terms of equipment, maintenance, personnel, and administration
- Request for reimbursement in lieu of transportation for the 2013-14 school year at a rate to be determined by the Ohio Department of Education for the following:
Parent/Guardian Student Grade Transporation to
Donna Sandwisch Zachary Sandwisch 10 Central Catholic High School/Toledo
- Open enrollment request for 2013-14 school year for an eighth grade student living in the Clyde School District who has been attending the Clyde McPherson M.S. and one eighth grade student living in the Lake Local School District who has been enrolled in the Horizon Science Academy.
- Approved a resolution to accept the four additional calamity days presented by the state of Ohio and approved the Calamity Day worksheet/revised contingency plan for the 2013-14 school calendar.
- Approved the Summer 2014 Physical Education Class
The meeting was adjourned and no other board action was taken after the Board entered into Executive Session for the purpose of consideration of appointment, employment, dismissal, discipline, promotion, demotion, or compensation of an employee, student, or school official.
The Board will hold a special meeting on Tuesday, April 29 at 6:00 p.m.in the elementary school auditorium. The purpose of the special meeting will be to discuss replacing air handlers at the high school and the possibility of keeping of the K-1 wing at the elementary.
The next regular Board of Education meeting will be held Tuesday, May 20, 2014, at 6:30 p.m. in Room 101 at the high school.