District/Board of Education
Woodmore Board of Education District Office
349 Rice St. P.O. Box 701
Elmore, Ohio 43416
Barbara Hasenfratz -- Secretary to the Superintendent 419.862.1060 ext. 100
Elaine Bringman Dianne Kopp
Assistant Treasurer/Payroll Accounting Clerk
419-862-1060 ext 103 419-862-1060 ext 104
Members of the Board of Education
Steve Huss -- President
Julie Bowman -- Vice President
Ed Magsig -- Board Member
Michael DeStazio -- Board Member
Grant Cummings -- Board Member
The date for the regular board meetings are on the third Tuesday of each month. The meetings will begin at 6:30 p.m. in the Library at the high school. Please check the district calendar for any changes.
Woodmore Local School District
349 Rice Street, P.O. Box 701, Elmore, Ohio 43416
Fax (419) 862-1951 Phone (419) 862-1060
The Woodmore Local Board of Education held their regular meeting at Woodmore High School on Tuesday, November 19, 2013 at 6:30 p.m.
Minutes were approved for the October 15, 2013 regular meeting.
Recognition and Hearing of Visitors: Mrs. Joannie Villegas, Academic Booster Vice President, (Presented a donation of $895.00 for a program to help prepare Woodmore students for the ACT) and Mrs. Jan Preston (addressed concerns about the Common Core).
Discussion/Information: Levy, Building Needs, OSBA Conference Summary, New Building Update/Site Work, Upcoming Events, Resident Educator Program, Anti-Bullying Committee, Special Education, Jr. High Update, Jr. High/High School Curriculum Guide Changes for 2014-15 S.Y., Anti-Bullying Committee, Special Education/Jr. High Update
Treasurer Items Approved:
- The October Financial Report including Cash Reconciliation, Monthly Appropriations and Check Register
- Renewal of contract with Healthcare Process Consulting, Inc. (HPC) as a Third Party Administrator for School Based Medicated Billing for the period of July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2014
- A resolution approving the technical services and consulting agreement with Poggemeyer Design Group in connection with the Board’s Ohio Facilities Construction Commission project.
- A resolution to enter into an Electric Service Agreement with the Village of Woodville was tabled until the next meeting.
- Accepted the following donations:
- 1.Fremont Federal Credit Union - $100.00 for Fireland Challenge
- 2.Woodmore Academic Boosters - $895.00 – to pay for ACT Test
- 3.Brian Koenig – donated a set of nets for the practice soccer goals used by both the high school girls and boys soccer- Cost was approximately $175.00
- 4.Elmore Ministerium and Two Villages – Donation of $600.00 to be used towards Jim “Basektball” Jones assembly that is part of our Anti-Bullying Program
Recommendations of the Superintendent:
- Approved unpaid leave for Kelly Maynard, cook/cashier – expected return to work after winter break
- Accepted the resignation of Sally Makulinski – Drama Club Director – Effective November 19, 2013
- Employments for the 2013-14 school year:
Tuesday School/After School Monitor – Michele Gephart
High School Mentors/Mentees: Jennifer Haar (Mentor for Jodi Peace – Year 3); Whitney Flick (Mentor for Erin Reynolds – Year 3); Whitney Flick (Mentor for Lindsey Steel – Year 1);
Elementary School Mentors/Mentees: Kelly Ulinski (Mentor for Megan Sander – Year 3); Ellen Saffran (Mentor for Curtis Schlea – Year 1); Denise Melter (Mentor for Allyson Rospert – Year 2); Deb Welch (Mentor for Meghan Drown – Year 1); Amanda Lafontaine (Mentor for Katherine Warner – Year 1); Brandi Cunningham (Mentor for Whitney Meinke – Year 1)
Athletic Supplemental Positions 2013-14 S.Y.
Dane Bonnigson Wrestling – Head Coach
Steve Ulinski Wrestling – Assistant Coach
Brian Ryman Wrestling – Jr. High Coach
Summary of the November 19, 2013 Regular Board Meeting
(Athletic Positions Continued)
Kelly Ulinski Wrestlerette Advisor
Aaron Clouse Softball – Girls Coach
Jake Huss Baseball – Varsity Coach
Brian Ryman Track – Head Coach
Substitute Nurse: Nicole Blake Knepper
Substitute Teachers: Nicole Blake Knepper and Brian Sandwisch
Other Items of Business:
- Approved the following as recognized sports for the 2013-14 school year, with the understanding that Woodmore Local Schools would not provide any financial backing, scheduling, transportation, or paid coaches for these programs:
- 1.Indoor Track and Field
- Approved a Memorandum of Understanding between the Woodmore Board of Education and the Woodmore Education Association (WEA) as submitted.
- The following fundraisers were approved/acknowledged for the 2013-14 school year:
- 1.Woodmore Choir Boosters – Sell Woodmore Wear – Nov. 21-Dec. 5, 2013
- 2.t Council – OSU/Michigan Dance – Friday, November 22, 2013
- 3.WHS MD Classroom – Sell items at the elementary Holiday Shop – December 4-19, 2013
- 4.Freshmen (Class of 2017) – Sell candy cane grams at lunch during December to students and deliver candy canes to classrooms exam week – December 9-20,
- 5.Woodmore Cheerleaders - Cheer Clinic – January 31,
- 6.Woodmore Girls Basketball – Potato Meal – January 31,
- 7.Junior High Student Council – Various small fundraisers throughout the year (Ex.-Guessing number of Skittles in a jar) – Funds for treasury of charity of
- 8.Junior High Student Council – Various Dances through the year, including the spring formal) Funds will go to group treasury for student needs and
- 9.Junior High Student Council – Flower Sale (carnations) – for Valentine’s Day – to treasury for student needs/activities
- 10.WHS Student Council – Sell Dance Tickets to cover price of DJ and photo booth for Winter Royalty Dance – Jan. 6-10,