District/Board of Education
Woodmore Board of Education District Office
349 Rice St. P.O. Box 701
Elmore, Ohio 43416
Linda Bringman -- Superintendent
Barbara Hasenfratz - Board Office Secretary 419-862-1060 ext. 100
Elaine Bringman Dianne Kopp
Assistant Treasurer/Payroll Accounting Clerk
419-862-1060 ext 103 419-862-1060 ext 104
Steve Huss -- President
Grant Cummings -- Vice President
Julie Bowman -- Board Member
Michael DeStazio -- Board Member
Joe Liszak -- Board Member
The date for the regular board meetings are on the third Tuesday of each month. The meetings will begin at 6:30 p.m. in RM 101 at the high school.
Please check the district calendar for any changes.
Summary of Board Meeting
Woodmore Local School District
349 Rice Street, P.O. Box 701, Elmore, Ohio 43416
Fax (419) 862-1951 Phone (419) 862-1060
TThe Woodmore Local Board of Education held their regular meeting at the high school on Tuesday, June 17, 2014 at 6:30 p.m.
Minutes were approved for the May 20th regular board meeting.
Discussion/Information: Discussed the insurance quote from SORSA
Treasurer Items Approved:
- May 2014 Financial Reports including Cash Reconciliation, Monthly Appropriations and Check Register
- Authorized the Treasurer to make transfers, advances, appropriation modifications, designation of surplus property, and other year-end accounting transactions as necessary to comply with the Ohio Revised Code and regulations of the Ohio Auditor of State for the fiscal year 2014.
- A resolution to establish Fiscal Year 2015 Temporary Appropriations
- The following resolution:
A RESOLUTION DETERMINING THAT THE SCHOOL DISTRICT IS A SPECIAL NEEDS DISTRICT AND Authorizing THE PRESIDENT AND tREASURER OF THE BOARD AND THE SUPERINTENDENT TO PREPARE AND FILE PRELIMINARY MATERIALS IN CONNECTION WITH APPLICATIONS FOR (i) DESIGNATION as a SPECIAL NEEDS district PURSUANT TO SECTION 133.06(E) OF THE REVISED CODE AND (ii) CONSENTS pursuant to Section 133.06(C) of the Revised Code.
- The purchase of Builder’s Risk Insurance from SORSA through Diversified Insurance Service, Elmore, Ohio at a one-time fee of $56,818
- Contracting with the OASBO 2014 Worker’s Compensation Group Rating Plan administered by Ohio School Comp for an enrollment fee of $605.00
- Approved requests for disposal of equipment from Jean Schultz, Director of Library/Media (Technology Items) and Kim Sorensen, Library Media Specialist (Elementary Books)
- An agreement with Whittle Consulting Group, Ltd. for job description services
Recommendations of the Superintendent:
- Accepted the following resignations:
- oAaron Clouse - Softball Coach
- Approved a request for maternity leave for a second grade teacher beginning August 26 with anticipated return to work October 6, 2014.
- Approved employment of personnel on an as-needed basis for the Woodmore Migrant Education Program for the summer and fall of 2014.
Assistant Migrant Program Director – Hope Nevins
Teacher (Bilingual) – Ginger Velliquette
Substitute Teacher – Kimberly Cook and Janice Fisher
- Employment of personnel for the 2014-15 S.Y.
Brian Spicer Math Teacher 1 Yr. Limited Contract
Denise Mitchell Speech Services 1 Yr. Limited Contract ( Effective Oct. 1, 2014)
Summary of June 17, 2014 Regular Board Meeting
Mariah Hohman Elem. Intervention Specialist 1 Year Limited Contract
James McMahon H.S. Science Teacher 1 Year Limited Contract
Greg Spoores HS. Intervention Specialist 1 Year Limited Contract
Change in Contracts - Effective beginning of the 2014-15 school year:
Tonya Thorbahn change from 5 days to 4 days per week
Dawn Gueldenzoph change from 4 days to 5 days per week
Extended Time Contracts for 2014-15 S.Y.
Ken Emerine Music – Instrumental 6 Days
Jean Schultz Media Director 4 Days
Judy Closius Guidance 4 Days
Keisha Kuns Guidance 14 Days
Nancy Slotterbeck Guidance 2 Days
Athletic Supplemental Positions 2014-15 S.Y.
Zack Floro Football – Varsity Assistant Coach
Bob Kelley Football – Varsity Assistant Coach
Curtis Schlea Football – Varsity Assistant Coach
John Bryan Basketball – Jr. Varsity Boys Coach
Other Items of Business Approved:
- A list of proposed elementary school fees for the 2014-15 school year
- Presentation of a citation to Woodmore student Nathan Thomas Jackson in recognition for his achievement of attaining the rank of Eagle Scout at the Eagle Scout Court of Honor on Saturday, July 26, 2014 at 2:00 p.m. at the American Legion in Elmore.
- The following fundraisers for the 2013-14 and 2014-15 school years:
- 1.Woodmore Cheerleading – Sell Woodmore Wildcats / Woodmore Cheerleading water bottles – July 1, 2014 – November
- 2.Woodmore Spanish Club – Annual Cookie Dough / Candy Sale – Sept. 12,
- 3.PTO – Sell Spirit Wear – On-going throughout the 2014-15 school year
- 4.PTO – Gift Card Sale – October-December 2014
- 5.PTO – Flower Sale – March 23–April 8, 2015
- 6.PTO – Carnival T-shirt sale – April
There will be a special Board of Education meeting on Monday, June 30th at 7:00 a.m. in Central Office at 349 Rice Street, Elmore, OH 43416.
The next regular Board of Education meeting will be held Tuesday, July 15, 2014, at 6:30 p.m. at the high school.