District/Board of Education
Woodmore Board of Education District Office
349 Rice St. P.O. Box 701
Elmore, Ohio 43416
Linda Bringman -- Superintendent Kevin Slates -- Treasurer
Barbara Hasenfratz - Board Office Secretary 419-862-1060 ext. 100
Elaine Bringman Dianne Kopp
Assistant Treasurer/Payroll Accounting Clerk
419-862-1060 ext 103 419-862-1060 ext 104
Steve Huss -- President
Grant Cummings -- Vice President
Julie Bowman -- Board Member
Michael DeStazio -- Board Member
Joe Liszak -- Board Member
The date for the regular board meetings are on the third Tuesday of each month. The meetings will begin at 6:30 p.m. in the Library at the high school.
Please check the district calendar for any changes.
Summary of Board Meeting
Woodmore Local School District
349 Rice Street, P.O. Box 701, Elmore, Ohio 43416
Fax (419) 862-1951 Phone (419) 862-1060
The Woodmore Local Board of Education held their regular meeting at the high school on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 5:30 p.m.
Minutes were approved for the February 17, 2014 board meeting.
Discussion/Information: Electric Service Agreement, School Calendar for 2014-15 school year, CAGE event, Elementary/New Building Update, Jr. High Update, High School Update, Senior Trip and Art Trip
and Senior Spotlight in the newspaper.
Treasurer Items Approved:
- February 2014 Financial Reports including Cash Reconciliation, Monthly Appropriations and Check Registers
- Resolution to enter into an Electric Service Agreement with the Village of Woodville
- RESOLUTION ACCEPTING THE AMOUNTS AND RATES AS DETERMINED BY THE BUDGET COMMISSION AND AUTHORIZING THE NECESSARY TAX LEVIES AND CERTIFYING THEM TO THE COUNTY AUDITOR
- Contract with Northwest Ohio Educational Service Center (NwOESC) for visual impairment services beginning August 15, 2014 and ending June 15, 2015.
- Ohio School Boards Association annual membership dues for January-December 2014 which includes a free annual (electronic) subscription of the OSBA Briefcase
- Contract with Northern Ohio Educational Computer Association (NOECA) for services and maintenance for the period of July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2019
Recommendations of the Superintendent:
- Accepted the following resignations:
- Alfred (Chip) Hollenback, Teacher – for the purpose of retirement. (May 30, 2014)
- Phillip Renner, Teacher – for the purpose of retirement. (June 30, 2014)
- Jean Wietelmann, Paraprofessional – for the purpose of retirement (June 30, 2014)
- Approved the following requests for family leave:
- Erica Cobb – six weeks – April 7 and returning May 19, 2014
- Amanda Kinison – through the end of the 2013-14 school year
- Approved intent of non-renewal of contracts at the end of contractual duties for the 2013-14 school year for the following:
- All substitute contracts for the following:
- Bus Drivers
- Food Service
- Gifted Coordinator
- Summer Intervention Tutors
- Tuesday School Teachers
- Tutors (Home Instruction, Intervention)
- 2013 Summer/Fall Migrant Education Program Employees
- 2013 Summer Maintenance Employees
- Auxiliary Intervention Teachers (Solomon - 2)
- Extended Time Contracts
- Mentors for Entry Year Teachers
- All Academic Oriented Supplemental Contracts
- All Athletic Supplemental Contracts
- All 1 Yr. Retired-Rehirees at the end of their duties for the 2013-2014 SY.
- Employments for the 2013-14 school year:
Substitute Teachers: Wendy Brown, Bonnie Garner
Substitute Aide: Bonnie Garner
Athletic Supplemental Positions 2013-14 S.Y.
Dane Bonnigson Track – Assistant Coach (H.S.)
Kyle Clair Track – Assistant Coach (H.S.)
Cassandra Ryman Track – Assistant Coach (H.S.)
Beth Nieman-Adams Track – 7/8 Coach
Amy Petersen Track – 7/8 Coach
Mickey Schnable Baseball (Volunteer Coach)
Mike Conner Baseball (Volunteer Coach)
2014 Migrant Education Program (Limited Contracts)
Tom Adams Director
Fareal Gause Lead Teacher
Jane Garling Financial Director
Other Items of Business Approved:
- 2014-15 school year calendar
- Woodmore 2014 After-Prom activities at the high school
- Request for a field trip June 16-20 to explore the art of New York for H.S. Art Teacher Jodie Peace and three to ten Art students. Fundraiser(s) will be held to pay for the trip.
- The following fundraisers were approved/acknowledged for the 2013-14 school year:
- 1.Woodmore Art Club – Business Sponsorship of $100 or $50 to put logo on back of T-shirts that will be sold
- 2.H.S. National Honor Society – Sell cookies and punch at H.S. Musical – March 20 thru March 23, 2014
- 3.Senior Class Trip (2015) – Working Toledo Mud Hens Concessions, LLC April 4-August 27, 2014 earning 8-9% profit from sales
- A resolution to approve presentation of a citation to Woodmore student Eli Gerkensmeyer in recognition for his achievement of attaining the rank of Eagle Scout.
The next regular Board of Education meeting will be held Tuesday, April 15, 2014, in Room 101 at the high school. Time of the meeting will be announced at a later date.