District/Board of Education
Woodmore Board of Education District Office
349 Rice St. P.O. Box 701
Elmore, Ohio 43416
Linda Bringman -- Superintendent
Barbara Hasenfratz - Board Office Secretary 419-862-1060 ext. 100
Elaine Bringman Dianne Kopp
Assistant Treasurer/Payroll Accounting Clerk
419-862-1060 ext 103 419-862-1060 ext 104
Steve Huss -- President
Grant Cummings -- Vice President
Julie Bowman -- Board Member
Corinna Bench -- Board Member
Joe Liszak -- Board Member
The date for the regular board meetings are on the third Tuesday of each month. The meetings will begin at 6:30 p.m. in RM 101 at the high school.
Please check the district calendar for any changes.
Summary of Board Meeting
Woodmore Local School District
349 Rice Street, P.O. Box 701, Elmore, Ohio 43416
Fax (419) 862-1951 Phone (419) 862-1060
The Woodmore Local Board of Education held their regular meeting at the high school on Tuesday, August 19, 2014 at 6:30 p.m.
Minutes were approved for the following meetings: July 21, 2014 Regular Meeting
July 30, 2014 Special Meeting
Discussion/Information: New PreK-8 Bldg./Elementary update; Jr. High/Special Education update; High School update; Migrant Education Program update, transportation of open enrollment students.
Prior to the board meeting, board members and administrators took a walk-through of the high school building and grounds. During the discussion part of the meeting, the board shared their appreciation for our custodial staff for their hard work in preparing our facilities for the new school year.
The Board also extended a special “thank you” to the Athletic Boosters for the sign on the press box in the grandstand.
Treasurer Items Approved:
- June 2014 Financial Reports including Cash Reconciliation and Monthly Appropriations
- July 2014 Financial Reports including Cash Reconciliation and Monthly Appropriations
- Accepted a donation from an anonymous donor for the VLA program
- Disposal of the following books: These United States-1994 (23 books), The American Pageant-1998 (15 books), History and Life-1984 (21 books)
The Woodmore Board of Education also approved a three-year extension of contract for Superintendent Linda Bringman, effective at the end of her current contract that expires June 30, 2015.
Recommendations of the Superintendent:
- The board approved a change in contract with North Point Educational Service Center to extend services of Curriculum Director Barb Hipp from three (3) days per week to four (4) days per week for the 2014-15 school year.
- The following employments were approved:
Migrant Education Program Personnel
Substitute Teachers – Katie Gedert and Dawn Shaffer
Substitute Aide (Bilingual) – Mollie Whitacre
Employments for the 2014-15 School Year:
Chelsey Delaney: Rescinded the 3/4 Contract for Chelsey Delaney that was approved April 15, 2014
Changed to a one-year limited contract with full pay
One-Year Limited Contracts
Kindergarten Teacher – Katie Warner
Recess Aide/Paraprofessional -2 Hrs./Day (Split Days) – Beth Wolford and Krista Jackson
One-on-One Aide/Paraprofessional – Brandi Overmyer
Aide/Paraprofessional – Brandi Overmyer
Recess Aide/Paraprofessionals (2 hrs. per day) – Beth Wolford and Krista Jackson
(August 19, 2014 Board Meeting Summary)
Substitute Contracts (On an as-needed basis)
Substitute Aides – Erin Bach, Richard Claar, Jennifer Kigar, Linda Sandrock, Kelly Theisen and Tammy Williams
Substitute Custodians – Erin Bach and Rita Mathna
Substitute Food Service – Erin Bach, Marjorie Gueldenzoph, Rita Mathna, Linda Sandrock, Kelly Thiesen and Tammy Williams
Substitute Secretaries – Erin Bach, Jennifer Kigar, Kelly Theisen and Tammy Williams
Substitute Teachers – Jill Bench, Laurie Czeczele, Mike Czeczele, Lori Damschroder, Stgeve Funk, Bonnie Garner, Molly Hansen, James Kamman, Christina Kieper, Kenneth Leist, Janus Perkins, Kelly Rowland, Dawn Shaffer, Rebecca Sheldrick, Rchel Stewart, Audrey E. Vamos (4th Gr. Long-Term) and Donella Wilt
Academic Supplemental Positions 2014-15 S.Y.
Lead Teachers – Tammy Kissell and Amanda Lafontaine
Creativity Competition Advisors (Split) – Whitney Flick and Krista Jackson
Outdoor Education – Meghan Drown, Bruce Hammersmith, Tara Miller
Elementary Yearbook Advisor –Tara Miller
Elementary Quiz Team Advisor (Split) – Denise Melter and Kelly Ulinski
Elementary Student Council Advisor (Split) – Amy Clouse and Allyson Rospert
Elementary Safety Patrol – Aaron Clouse
Athletic Supplemental Contracts for 2014-15 S.Y.
7th/8th Gr. Football Coaches – Aureliano (Junior) Adame, Luke Davis and Greg Spoores
Jr. High Cheerleading Coach – Jennifer Tingley
Volunteer – 8th Gr. Volleyball – Megan Giles
Volunteer – H.S. Boys Soccer – Rafael Chavez
Volunteer – Football Varsity Coach – Jeremy Rowe
Other Items of Business Approved:
- Adoption of the Free and Reduced Breakfast/Lunch Program under the National School Meal Program for the 2014-2015 school year.
- Approved bus routes for the 2014-2015 school year
- Approved requests for open enrollment for six students from Fremont and two from Genoa students for the 2014-15 school year.
- Fundraisers for the 2014-15 school year:
- 1.Woodmore Choir Boosters – Charter Bus Trip to Detroit Tigers vs. Indians Game – September 14,
- 2.Varsity Boys Basketball – Chicken BBQ Dinner - Before Homecoming football game – Friday, October 10, 2014
- 3.Woodmore Cheerleading – Cheerleading Competition – Saturday, November 8, 2014
- 4.Woodmore Band Boosters – Little Caesars Pizza Fundraiser – September 2-24th (Pick
- 5.– Sale of Tank’s Meats Sausage & Cheese Gift Baskets – Nov. 24 – Dec. 15, 2014 (Pick up)
- 6.Woodmore Band Boosters – Otis Spunkmeyer Cookies – Jan. 5-30, 2015 (Pick up)
- 7.Woodmore Band Boosters – Little Caesars Pizza Fundraiser – Feb. 2015
- The board tabled the resolution to change from Days to Hours for the 2014-15 school year until the next regular board meeting.
(August 19, 2014 Board Meeting Summary)
- Approved the following policies (First Reading):
- Policy File: EBCD/EBCD-R – Emergency Closings
- 2. Policy File: IC/ICA – School Year/School Calendar
- 3. Policy File: ID – School Day
- The Board met in executive session with the WEA President and upon their return, Board Member Julie Bowman read a statement indicating that in settlement of the grievance dated August 12, 2014 by the Woodmore Education Association (WEA) the Board of Education agreed to grant the remedies deemed necessary to resolve a grievance as sought by the WEA.
The next regular Board of Education meeting will be held Tuesday, September 16, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. at the new PreK-8th grade school building in Woodville. Everyone attending the meeting is asked to please bring your own chair to sit on during the meeting. Entry will be through the front of the building and there will be someone to direct you to the location of the meeting.