District/Board of Education
Woodmore Board of Education District Office
349 Rice St. P.O. Box 701
Elmore, Ohio 43416
Barbara Hasenfratz -- Secretary to the Superintendent 419.862.1060 ext. 100
Elaine Bringman Dianne Kopp
Assistant Treasurer/Payroll Accounting Clerk
419-862-1060 ext 103 419-862-1060 ext 104
Members of the Board of Education
Steve Huss -- President
Ed Magsig -- Vice President
Julie Bowman -- Board Member
Michael DeStazio -- Board Member
Grant Cummings -- Board Member
The date for the regular board meetings are on the third Tuesday of each month. The meetings will begin at 6:30 p.m. in the Library at the high school. Please check the district calendar for any changes.
Woodmore Local School District
349 Rice Street, P.O. Box 701, Elmore, Ohio 43416
Fax (419) 862-1951 Phone (419) 862-1060
The Woodmore Local Board of Education held their regular meeting in the Woodmore High School library on Tuesday, May 21, 2013 at 5:30 P.M.
Minutes were approved for the following board meetings : April 8, 2013 Special Board Meeting
: April 16, 2013 Regular Board Meeting
Public Participation: Recognition of retiring teachers Mrs. Dawn Dumke, Mrs. Linda Fotoples, Mrs. Marilyn McFarland, Mrs. Janus Perkins, and Mrs. Beverly Pittman.
Special recognition was also given to the following students: Regan Draeger for having her entry chosen as one of the winners of the OSS Solid Waste District Billboard Contest and Katelyn Avers for being selected as the Sandusky County Franklin B. Walter All-Scholastic Award recipient.
Discussion/Information: New Building Update/Groundbreaking, End of Year Items/Testing, Pay to Participate
Approved the following Treasurer Items:
- The April Financial Report including cash reconciliation, monthly appropriations, check register, amended appropriations and amended certificate of resources.
- A resolution to renew a contract with Healthcare Process Consulting, Inc. (HPC) as a Third Party Administrator for School Based Medicated Billing for the period of July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2014.
- The purchase of Builder’s Risk Insurance from SORSA through Diversified Insurance Service, Elmore, Ohio at a one-time fee of $17,223.
- The five-year forecast as presented for submission by May 31, 2013 as required by the State of Ohio.
- A RESOLUTION ACCEPTING THE LOWEST RESPONSIBLE AND RESPONSIVE BID OF RFC CONTRACTING, INC. FOR THE EARLY SITE WORK FOR THE NEW ELEMENTARY/MIDDLE SCHOOL IN CONNECTION WITH THE SCHOOL DISTRICT’S OHIO FACILITIES CONSTRUCTION COMMISSION EXPEDITED NEEDS PROGRAM PROJECT.
- Unencumbered liability for Web Wizard Yearbook for a total of $3,835.00
- Accepted the following donation:
- 1.Woodmore Choir Boosters - $8,000 – for purchase of risers for the choir.
Recommendations of the Superintendent:
- Accepted the resignation from: D. J. Michel – Elementary Phys. Ed. Teacher effective at the end of contractual duties for the 2012-2013 school year.
- Approved 3 weeks leave for Kyle Clair September 2-22 or earlier, if needed.
- Approved non-renewal of contract for an elementary custodian
Summary of May 21, 2013 Regular Board Meeting
- Approved the 2013 Elementary Summer Intervention Program, fees, and instructors. The focus of intervention is incoming second through fifth graders. The fee for taking either reading or math is $25.00 for one session and $35.00 for both reading and math, which is the same as last year. The program will run from July 29 thru August 9. The following instructors were approved for employment:
Lori Csizek Amy Clouse Kim Frederick Denise Melter
- Approved a resolution to rescind the contract of Steve Burner as Head Golf Coach for the 2013-14 school year that was approved at the April 16, 2013 board meeting.
- Approved Employments for the summer of 2013 and 2013-2014 school year.
Summer Maintenance (not more than 40 hrs. per week)
Migrant Education P:rogram – Summer/Fall 2013 (on an as Certificated Staff
Fall Migrant Teachers – Mary Selzer, Wendy Ritzman
Migrant Teacher’s Aide – Rick Claar
Substitute Bus Driver – Ray St. Marie
Extended Time Contracts for 2013-14 S.Y.
Ken Emerine Music – Instrumental 6 Days
Jean Schultz Media Director 4 Days
- Approved the following Supplement Contracts for the 2013-14 school year:
Sally Makulinski Drama Club - Advisor/Director
Tracey Nycz Drama Club – Assistant Advisor/Director
Angie Balduf Senior Class Trip Advisor
Leslie Erwin Senior Class Trip Advisor
Michele Albright Summer Physical Education Teacher
Athletic Supplemental Positions - 2013-14 S.Y.
Aaron Brown Soccer – Boys Assistant Coach
Brian Ryman Golf – Head Coach
Steve Burner Golf – Assistant Golf Coach
Beth Nieman-Adams Cross Country – Assistant Coach
Kyle Clair Basketball – Head Girls Coach
Brad Sander Basketball – Head Boys Coach
Approved Other Items of Business:
- A list of candidates for the 2013 Graduating Class eligible for graduation upon completion of all requirements
- The revised calendar for the 2013-2014 school year.
- Membership in the Ohio High School Athletic Association for grades 7-12 for the 2013-2014 school year.
Summary of May 21, 2013 Regular Board Meeting
- A contract renewal for the 2013-14 school year with the NWOET. Total amount for all three of the following options would be $6,239.10:
- Comprehensive Membership of $1.65 per student x 1,034 ADM - $1.706.10
- 2013-2014 video streaming options - $1,034.00
- Professional Development in our district - $3,499.00
- The following fundraisers:
- 1.Woodmore Band Boosters – Tank’s Meats Sale – Sell grilling package certificates for chicken ($22.50), steak ($53) and brats ($32) from May 10 through May 20, 2013 with pick-up at Tanks May 23 through June 15
- 2.Woodmore Choir Boosters – Charter Bus trip to Tigers/Indians Game in Cleveland with time to visit other area locations – Date of trip is July 7, 2013
- 3.Woodmore Football – 7-on-7 Passing Tournament and Lineman Challenge – July 20, 2013 - $100 per team and $25 for each additional team. Lineman only teams are $50. Admission for fans is $1 which will be donated to Ronald McDonald House of NW Ohio
- 4.WHS Senior Class Trip (2014) – Car Wash at H.S. – June 23, 2013
- 5.WHS Senior Class Trip (2014) – Little Caesar’s Pizza Sale – August 28-September 6, 2013
- 6.WHS Senior Class Trip (2014) – Sell Tickets Oct 2-25, 2013 and Dec. 18, 2013 – Jan. 17, 2014 for Chicken BBQ Dinners. The dinners will be held October 25, 2013 and January 17, 2014
- 7.WHS Senior Class Trip (2014) – Sell Bench’s Greenhouse Coupons – Nov. 1-3, 2013
- 8.WHS Senior Class Trip (2014) - Scrapbook “Crop” and “Babysitting” – November 16, 2013
- 9.WHS Senior Class Trip (2014) – Silent Auction at basketball game – January 17, 2014
The next regular meeting of the Woodmore Local Board of Education will be held on Tuesday, June 18, 2013, in the high school library at 5:30 P.M.