President - Jan Preston
Vice President - Kristina Amos-Perry
Treasurer- Michele Clark
Secretary - Laurie Lindhorst
Distinguished Alumni Award
The Woodmore Academic Boosters is seeking nominations for the Distinguished Alumni Award. This award was established to recognize and honor those alumni who have distinguished themselves through exceptional accomplishments, service, and/or outstanding contribution to society. Such exemplary alumni promote a legacy of community pride and bring prestige to Woodmore High School and the Woodmore Local School District. Distinguished Alumni serve as inspirational role models for our current students.
- Candidates may be nominated by Woodmore graduates, administration and faculty, and community members. No self-nominations or nominations by relatives will be considered. Candidates may be recognized posthumously.
- Nominations will be accepted beginning September 1st and end October 31st each year. For year 2016 nominations will be accepted beginning October 1, 2015 and end December 30, 2015.
- Candidate(s) will be selected in January by a committee consisting of Academic Booster members and Woodmore School District representatives.
- Candidates will be notified in February and the award will be presented at the May Academic Recognition Program.
Criteria for Alumni candidate
- Graduated from Woodmore High School no less than 10 years prior to the year of nomination.
- Distinguished themselves through recognized professional attainment and achievement and/or exceptional service in local, state, or national affairs.
- Possesses the highest standard of integrity and character.
- Recognized as having good standing in the community past and present and in society in general.
- The Woodmore Distinguished Alumni will be recognized at the May Academic Recognition program and also by a plaque to be hung on the Academic Wall of Fame.